Saturday, January 1, 2011

toothless

Sometimes we ought to fall to lift ourselves up. I guess drinking and smoking are destructive habits that we embrace so commonly in our existence. We begin with a bottle, and a cigarette and we end falling, throwing up, hitting, insulting, and hopefully still alive. I am quite ashamed to reach a point in which I realize that I am destroying myself, it hurts. It's a pain that does not know of limits, because the limit itself it’s the social circle you're in and your willpower. If you're 'cool' you have to drink...more than others. If you're not...well then, you are better off. And if you have the willpower of a monkey then you might have some issues as well.

This New Year, this painful beginning of the new year has a purpose though. It is the call, it is the one call that humanity often undermines, and forgets. It is the disgusting sin that us humans tend to embrace, the sin of forgetfulness. It is rather odd to find a person who drinks and has not had a bad experience doing it. So then...Why do you drink? Is it to celebrate, or to hide? A distinction however must be made, and those who learn how to drink well...they're older. And to be honest, I think I have learnt my lesson, thankfully without harming others in my schooling. There is a time in one’s lifetime that one must step back from the mainstream crap, and take a look in the mirror, and feel how one is not really doing what one wants.

There should be a time when people learn to feel alone, another time when they remember to Care. But most importantly ‘times’ are about retaining how much we do forget. Life is a fickle road. Getting lost only leads you the right way…somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment